We went up to a beautiful Lake yesterday evening. I know it is odd to head up to a lake at Oh, say 5:30pm but we had approximately 7 reasons…
- My husband works until sometime in the middle of the day.
- We went to church in the morning.
- We had a coffee date with my mom aka: grammy.
- Little boys need naps.
- Little boys sometimes take long naps.
- I had to go to the store to get food – it’s essential.
- Little boys don’t need sunburn.
But our reasons to GO to the lake numbered approximately 8:
- The weather was beautiful.
- We were meeting old friends, new friends and friends to be.
- We wanted to.
- We had not been on a family outing in a while.
- We had a full tank of gas.
- We love being outside.
- Summer is going too fast.
- Why not?
There you have it!
This was our view for the time we were there.
Kelvin loved it… here he is chowing down on grapes in-between throwing rocks into the lake.
Little Bo loved it too!
He liked watching the water…
He especially loved this yummy apple which kept him occupied for a few minutes and kept his attention off all the little rocks everywhere.
Of course, my man had fun too (I think he is cute by the way).
A lake outing is not complete without food…. and Kelvin agrees. PBJ all the way.
He loves time with Matt too! They seemed to be having deep conversations about sticks and boy stuff.
It was so Incredibly nice to just be outside… Enjoy the fresh air and socialize while we were at it! I have been kind of “out of it” – or consumed with all the things with Bo but to get out and just try and take my mind off of it really helped.
Thanks for listening! 🙂