Bo’s MRI showed an congenital arachnoid cyst. We are waiting to be scheduled for a surgery in Portland. It will be in the next couple weeks but as soon as next week if he begins to show any adverse symptoms. We are of course worried about him but are trying to look to the things we can be thankful for in the midst of this. We know that it seems rather minor in the big picture as many parents go through a lot worse with their children… We are trying to not focus on the bad news and look towards what is better.
– we are thankful that he is to receive quality care and will be surrounded by medical professionals and that we can take him for the care he needs.
– We are thankful for results.
– we are thankful that he did not have a “mass” or tumor present in his brain and that what his MRI showed is treatable with a high success rate.
– we are thankful for all the support we have, the prayers and love of those both near and far. We are truly blessed to have all our family, friends and even acquaintances or strangers thinking of us during this time.
– we are thankful that his Pediatrician wanted to do a test in the first place, even when Bo was showing no adverse symptoms whatsoever and was even ahead of average for achieving milestones.
– we are thankful Bo won’t have to have any fear or worry or memory of this. We will be able to share the story with him someday in the future. It would be a lot harder on me as his mom for him to have fear and anxiety and feel as though something was “wrong” with him.
– we are thankful that God is taking care of Bo and the many details and unknowns.
– we are so thankful to have our sweet Bo and his big brother Kelvin and can’t imagine our lives without them. They are both so full of life and are true blessings.
– we are thankful that we have each other.
I however still have many questions myself and not a lot of answers so hopefully soon we will find out a lot more and will be able to rest a little easier. I definitely sleep at night but much lighter these days listening for Bo and wondering if all is ok as he rests in his room.
We don’t know when we will head to Portland, how long we will be there or exactly what procedure they will do…..
SO, more waiting huh?