A brief update – not too much for you since I have a serious case of nesting going on right now! But I guess we will see how much comes out once I get going!
Already 39 weeks along! SO… we are super close! No matter what – he is coming very soon and we cannot slow it down. Of course we want him here already (on the outside of me), but yet I find myself sometimes thinking – another week would be good!
The pregnancy started out pretty slow, and now it has really sped up – time is flying and I cannot believe it is almost time for him to join us! More and more I wonder, who will he look like? I think about his little hands and feet – who’s will he have? What color will his eyes be? I hope he looks just like his daddy – but of course when it all boils down, I don’t even care about all of that because he will be just right no matter what.
Here are my dorky little updates like I have done before in categories:
Name: Since it is so close… at this point. It will be a surprise! We want to make our final decision when he comes. No fear, he will have a name!
Cravings: Sorry to disappoint if you are still holding out and hoping I will finally crave something super weird. Since my last update, the following has either sounded good to me or once I ate (or drank) it, it really hit the spot!
- very cold water (still)
- still fruit (mainly strawberries and certain apple varieties but this week I bought some watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe which was so delicious
- raspberry jam with really wheaty and nutty toast or english muffins
- banana-chocolate-walnut bread (of which I am going to bake today with my over-ripe bananas!
- brownies – I made them for something one evening and they were extra delicious
- Greek yogurt (primarily vanilla, but some strawberry, raspberry or blueberry has snuck in there)
- vanilla frozen yogurt – I made some homemade vanilla greek frozen yogurt in our maker and it was good!
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with sliced apples
- cheese burger and sweet potato fries
- home-made mexican
Nursery: It is pretty much set-up! We have basically everything we need I believe (at least that we know of for now) thanks so much to family and friends here and there of which we thank soooo much! We have been truly spoiled and helped out so much! We were thrown an awesome baby shower a couple weeks ago which was so fun and we got all kinds of neat gifts for the little guy and also one over Christmas in Oregon – gifts have been trickling in here and there and we are so blessed! He has an awesome set-up and has the best room in the house!
Weight: ummmmmmmmmmmm….. yep! I am ready to be back down a-lot!
On a silly note: I have to really watch my belly lately! It sticks out so far! I have a tendency to hit the handle of my skillet on the stove (thank goodness this has not caused a mess or injury :)). I have accidentally bumped it into people or things as I walk by or tried to let people by me in a door-way not catching the fact that there is no room for them to squeeze by!
Comments I have received over the past few weeks:
- “If your belly gets any larger you are going to fall on your face”
- “When are the twins due?”
- “Aren’t you going to pop any day?” (this one started a month ago)
- to Greg: “What are you feeding that girl?” – this particular day we were together at the bank so he was able to experience the kind of comments I get first hand. His reply: “Whatever she wants”…
- “You are all belly”
- “You better pray he can make it out”
- “Wait, when ARE you due?”… “still going, huh?”
- “You are so cute” – nice to hear when you usually get the above!
…that is enough for now, isn’t it? You get the point! I find it crazy that many have comments like the ones above and others tell me I look great and am small for how far along I am… so which is it? I guess it really does not matter one bit! At least I can still wear some of my pre-maternity pants and shirts (of which may not look the best or be the most comfortable, but hey – there is power in being able to button something!)
Have a super day! This is probably my last pregnancy update because it is almost go-time!